Tuesday, September 22, 2009

An open letter

To: Waco Animal Humane Associate
From: Gracie
Dear Everyone at the Waco AHA,
I have had quite a time in my life since leaving you last Saturday. I was placed into a vehicle with those two nice people and we drove off. Wow, what a lot to see, I was kinda scared not knowing why I was no longer in my home with all those other barking dogs!
I took a long time for us to get finished with the drive. It was almost dark before they stopped the vehicle and let me get out. What a wonderful place they bought me to. I don't have to sit tied to a tree, or even in a cage, they let me run all over the place! This first pic is me after I had

been on a "tour" of my new home. It was so nice just to be with people that like me as much I as think I am going to like them. They gave me tummy rubs, let me run after their cats and I see these long necked big animals out in the big yard but I am not at all understanding what they are and why there are also here on this great big yard? I got my own room that night and I slept so well, what with the excitement of going for a long ride, then getting to run around, plus they let me into the inside of their home to let me be with them! Wow, it's a dogs life alright!


The next morning I ran, and ran, and ran, and chased cats, and ran but no-one tied me up! The people, whose names are Jerry and Vanessa, were outside putting together something called a Coop. It looked like a cage to me, wonder if it's for me? What's a coop?
They were making loud noises with machinery cutting wood and metal and going back and forth to their other buildings to get things. And all this time, they let me run around, get petted and explore! I love to explore. Then I sat down and just watched. I was getting tired with so much running around.


I don't know why they have those long necked animals on their place with me, I guess I'll find out eventually but for right now I'm pretending I haven't seen them as they look scary. But, I did find piles of poop. Wow, this poop isn't smelly, so I rolled in it. I think I'm supposed to do that so that I smell like the other animals on this farm.
Oh look, I'm no longer that pretty white dog you remember, this was after I rolled in the poop.

I think I see a cat! And look, grass for me too!



I am finding out that a farm dog's life is very tiring. I don't know how I'm going to keep this up, it's a tough job!
Thank you everyone for giving me to Jerry & Vanessa, I already know that I am the happiest dog in the whole wide world. And I'm going to do everything they tell me to do so that I don't have to come back and live in a cage. Not that I minded some of it, everyone was so nice to me.
Thank you, thank you,
Love,
Gracie
P.S. I'll write to you again soon































1 comment:

  1. Oh my, she is ADORABLE!!! Congrats on the addition of your newest family member :).

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete