Monday, November 22, 2010

Kid 'N Ewe 2010





Well I participated in the Kid 'N Ewe Fiber Festival this past weekend in Boerne (pronounced Bernie) Texas and what fun it was. Do you know how many people are as addicted to fiber as I am??? Well let me tell you that it's LOTS!



Here's a pic of my "wall of color" that caught a lot of people's eye.

Can you imagine what it's like to talk fiber to other fiberholics for 48 hours straight? Well I must say it is fun but very tiring. All that talking is way more work that doing all that dyeing!!

I was amazed that people and groups would come to my booth to have pictures taken in front of this color wall. What an impression that made on me.



Here's my booth, the other side with the "other stuff" like chicken and mouse pin cushions, hand painted yarns, knitting and embroidery "emergency" bottles (I'll show those in a future blog).

This was a lot of fun, although I wish I had been able to participate in some of the wonderful classes that were being offered. This is THE festival for the West Texas residents as nothing else much happens for us. We're so spread out that it's hard for people to decide what, where and when to have happenings for fiber people. We are hoping to get something started in the San Angelo area in the next year or so. We have a lot of wonderful people that are willing to share their experience with others both in arranging and preparing for an influx of people that need to be housed, taught and sold to!

Hopefully this will materialize into something real for 2011.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow, your wall of color is GORGEOUS!! I can understand why folks wanted pictures of it. You could take that photo and turn it into notecards, to be sold in your next booth.

    That'd be great if a show could happen in San Angelo next year; Boerne's a far drive for folks farther west than us.

    ReplyDelete